- I’ve finally finished the automation process for Qidian Weekly Charts. From now on, the Qidian weekly charts will be posted automatically every Sunday at 22:30 (UTC+7). At least, one problem solved, and I can move on to the next thing (still a lot of stuff that I need to finish).
- However, there’re still quite a few things in the to do list for NovelRankings.com, such as the monthly charts, and also the database updates. I’m going to work on the automation process for the database updating for now.
- In the meantime, I’m going to post new chapters of TNE, TLT, and ALBT, which I haven’t been posting for a while. One at a time. I used to manage mega projects in the past at work, but now, managing these few stuffs, and I’m already quite in chaotic state. It’s really different doing things when you’re working for someone else and when you’re working for yourself. Besides, I’m still an old timer who needs to use pen and papers. And before I finally move to Germany, I tried to minimize the papers. Otherwise, I won’t have enough space for my baggage later.
- Regarding my move to Germany, I’m in the final phase already. Only need to wait for one more thing (which I think, there shouldn’t be any problems with it, except for the waiting). If it is as expected, then I will fly to Germany around mid July 2016. Wish me luck with everything guys! When I’m already there, I should be finally able to regularly translate again. I won’t need to worry again about internet connection, black out, and all the things that have bugged me here.
- Oh, and last time, I mentioned about problems with TN where I posted TLT. Well, problems solved, so as you might have noticed, since the last news when I mentioned this, I’ve already posted again there.
- For all of you that read TNE, there are two reason why the post is late: One, my daughter was having exam at school, so I forbid her to work on TNE and told her to focus on her study. Two, she had finished her exam already and had actually already sent me the new chapters. However, it was me that haven’t got the time to check and post it (yes, I also help her proofreading it). So, for that, I’m sorry. I will be posting TNE soon. And please guys, if you read TNE, please leave some comments. She really hoped to see some.
As always, thank you guys for listening to my rambling and being patience with my delays.
Oh, and I have also posted the latest weekly chart on NovelRankings.com
- First of all, sorry to have kept you all in the dark without any updates for quite a while.
- Basically, my hands are still quite full with many matters, but I try to do everything in my spare time.
- Regarding the Novel Rankings: I’m trying my best to automate things with the charts. When everything is done, I won’t need much time with that and can give more time for translations. But in the meantime, I want to finish the scripts first because of other matter regarding TLT and ALBT too (which I explain below).
- Yes, it’s true that because of doing Novel Rankings, I neglected my translations, but this is also done for the long run. Things could have been faster done if only the hosting service provides better things. The applications they provide are so old and limited, that I have problems in implementing the scripts that I have prepared in my computer to run on the server. How old? Consider this example: how would you respond if one of your friends/relatives are still using computers using a Windows 98? Yeah, I’m talking about that old in comparison. They use application with version so old, that actually I don’t think anyone is still using them. Plus, the libraries they provide are so limited, that I have to work around for almost every little thing (Even stranger, the hosting provides database, but no libraries to connect with it from the application, which really pisses me like hell. And I have to do it locally in my computer, then later manually import it at the server). So I have no other choice but to learn other programming language that are more supported by the server and then combining the process. If it wasn’t for this, I would have finished doing this weeks ago.
- However, I’m almost done with those things. I’ve manage to solve the problems with each part. Now, I only need to put it all together as one big complete part.
- And while I was trying to do all those things, I’ve actually learned a lot of new things that will benefit everyone in the long run. I will also implement the new things here at Lingson Translation some day.
- Now, regarding TLT: There’s some complication with TN, and I’m planning to move TLT back to my site. So, there might still be some delay before I post the new chapters.
- Regarding ALBT: currently Deathblade is really busy with his translations (thus, also resulted in the late release of the weekly charts in NovelRankings), and since he’s editing ALBT (more than just editing actually. He also help me with the wording especially with the fighting scenes), I don’t want to push him too much with ALBT, and since I’m currently also focusing on NovelRankings, thus, the delay.
- No promises, but I’ll post some new chapters in May. It will be until I have finally moved to Germany before I can really translate and release regularly. There are so many unknown and disturbing factors while I’m still here. As you also know, I’m planning to get a Master degree later in Germany for being a teacher. So, I’m also currently preparing applications for the university. In addition to that, the internet connection here is getting worse and worse, and it won’t make any sense to switch provider now that I will already be leaving for Germany in a few months from now.
- Last but not least, I will post a new publication at Lingson Translation. However, this new publication is not really a translation, but an original work by my 17 years old daughter. Is it good? Honestly, I can’t answer that (not because I don’t want to since she’s my daughter) because I also don’t know how the story will evolves. But I can say for sure, that grammatically, it’s very well written and should be really easy to understand for everyone. And I really think that she’s talented in the field, only lack for experience (well, this is her father speaking LOL). The genre of this work is Fantasy/Sci-fy. Comments for her would be greatly appreciated to help her improve her work. The title is “The Tales of New Earth” and the pace will be about 1-2 chapters weekly. I will publish it in a day or two.
Thank you guys for listening to my rambling and being patience with my delay.
- First of all, I wish a happy holiday to you all.
- Although I have explained in the TLT post before, but I forgot that not all ALBT readers also read TLT. Sorry, my mistake. So I made this post to clarify things.
- Some of you might already read it from the TLT post. Because of the non-ending problems last time, I didn’t have time to translate, or even spend some time with my laptop. That’s why there was such a long vacant last time.
- As you know, currently, the money for me still comes from TLT, and I was behind quota because of the long vacant, so I’m currently focusing on TLT for a while. This way, I can have some reserve chapters for TLT so I can continue doing ALBT too.
- Regarding ALBT, I’m still translating it, but I will put it on hiatus/pause for now, and continue to do it later on after new year.
- To avoid situation like last time to happen again, I’m lowering the regular release of TLT to 3 (three) chapters a week.
- As for ALBT, I will try to do the release like before, which was 2 regular chapters a week, but in the worst case, it will be 1 chapter during the week.
- Even though after the long silence, so many of you still encourage me with such nice words when I posted TLT again last time. I really really appreciate that. It really gave me a lot of encouragement. Thank you again for all the support.
Hopefully this will clarify things and answer your questions. Thank you guys.
- Although the matters are not settled yet, but at least for now, I can’t do much about it, and have to spend more time to just wait for the process again. This means that I wouldn’t need to go back and forth all the time again for now. So, starting tomorrow, I’ll be back in business again.
- From this two weeks experience, and reading Deathblade’s post last time, I’ve decided to change something. For now, there will only be one sponsored ALBT chapters each week until I have more chapters in reserve (read on…). I will translate reserve ALBT chapters for at least one week (which is three chapters for now, which I will try to increase in the future to at least two weeks reserve).
- I don’t know about how all of you feel, but, personally, when I read/watch series, unless the complete chapters/episodes are available, I would prefer to have a steady and regular release of it, instead of getting several of them at once, and then having to spend some time again for the wait. I would rather to have 5 chapters this week and 5 chapters next week, instead of having 10 chapters this week, and then waiting for a whole week to get new chapters (not adding the possibilities that there might be delays in the release of new chapters then).
- So, by having these reserve chapters, I can at least be sure that I will be able to release the chapters steadily and regularly, each and every week, including later on when I will be on the moving. And once I have enough chapters to guarantee that, I will then increase the number of chapters released weekly.
- Last week, during those hectic and chaotic schedule of mine, I managed to translate the ALBT chapters for this week (which are currently already in the process of being edited). So fear not, fellow readers. The ALBT chapters for this week,including the previews of course, are secured (and the bunny will keep on eating the carrots).
- With that change, I’m also going to create a fix release schedule for ALBT. Regular chapters will be released on Wednesday and Sunday. Sponsored chapters will be released on Friday, As for the release time, whether it be in the morning or evening, I’m putting up a poll for that, so the time would be more suitable for your preference.
- The current queue for the sponsored chapters had been stagnant for quite a while. I feel bad for the donator that his money was kept for too long. And also to make it up for the two weeks chaotic time of mine, for this next sponsored chapter, I will lower the rate again to $25 in the hope for a faster completion of the queue.
- I haven’t managed to do the same with TLT chapters, but which I intend to do this week since I have more spare time compared to the last two weeks. So, I can’t give a fix schedule yet for the TLT chapters besides the usual 4 chapters weekly. But, I’m going to do it ASAP.
- Hopefully when all of that are done, there won’t be incidents like this happening again in the future, and all of you will get steady and regular releases, no matter what my situation is.
- Since I’m relative new in this translation thing, I’m sorry that I still need to have trials and errors, as well adjustments until everything will run smoothly in the future.
- I thank you all for your patience. Although these things had happened several times from the beginning of my translation career, but all of you keep on supporting me and being loyal to my translations. It really means very much to me. Thank you all.
I thank you all for your patience. Although these things had happened several times from the beginning of my translation career, but all of you keep on supporting me and being loyal to my translations. It really means very much to me. Thank you all very much!